Now's the time to explore Bali on your terms with this tour that's affordable for young travellers. Surf on gloriously blue ocean waves in Kuta, stop for the perfect shot at Buddhist temples and lotus ponds in Ubud, and relax with a drink at a beachfront bar (or two!) on Gili Trawangan. With a mix of free time, cultural highlights, and savoury must-tastes, this tour is the surest way to soak in all the magic of Bali, in just nine beautiful days.
- Travel Style : 18-to-Thirtysomethings
- Service Level : Basic
- Physical Grading : 2 - Light
- Merchandising : Top Seller
- Merchandising : Planeterra Project
- Trip Type : Small Group
- What's Included:Your G for Good Moment: Bali Community Training Lunch Program, Ubud
Your First Night Out Moment: Connect With New Friends
Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group. Cooking class in Kubutambahan. Git Git waterfall visit. Monkey Forest visit. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- Highlights:Let loose or hang ten in Kuta, learn to cook Balinese cuisine, explore Git Git waterfall, chill out on the beaches of Gili T
- Dossier Disclaimer:The information in this trip details document has been compiled with care and is provided in good faith. However it is subject to change, and does not form part of the contract between the client and the operator. The itinerary featured is correct at time of printing. It may differ slightly to the one in the brochure. Occasionally our itineraries change as we make improvements that stem from past travellers, comments and our own research. Sometimes it can be a small change like adding an extra meal along the itinerary. Sometimes the change may result in us altering the tour for the coming year. Ultimately, our goal is to provide you with the most rewarding experience. Please note that our brochure is usually released in November each year. If you have booked from the previous brochure you may find there have been some changes to the itinerary.
VERY IMPORTANT: Please ensure that you print a final copy of your Trip Details to review a couple of days prior to travel, in case there have been changes that affect your plans.
- Group Size Notes:Max 16, avg 10.
- Meals Included:8 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2 dinners
- Transport:Private vehicle, boat.
- Accommodation:Simple hotels (twin-share) or hostels (multi-share) (6 nts), guesthouse (2 nts, multi-share).
- About Accommodation:Multi-share Accommodation: Multi-share same-sex accommodation is used on this tour, as such, if you are travelling with someone of a different gender you will not be in the same room. For private accommodation please see tours in our Classic Travel Style.
- Joining Hotel:For details of your joining hotel please refer to your tour voucher, G Account, the G Adventures App or contact your travel agent.
- Joining Instructions:When arriving at Denpasar Airport in Bali you will want to exit Customs into the arrival hall. Once here, there are money changers but they do not offer the best rate, so its best to wait until you arrive in Kuta. There are ATMs available that distribute Indonesian Rupiah (the local currency).
Once you have stepped outside, there is a taxi stand with set rate taxis to various destinations on the island. The prices are listed on the wall and can be paid in Rupiah or in US Dollars (your exchange rate will be slightly lower than what you will get in Kuta) Here you book and pay for your taxi and receive a voucher. They will then show you to your taxi.
The drive to Kuta is approximately 30 minutes, but can take much longer if the traffic is bad.
If you have paid in advance for an arrival transfer, a G Adventures representative will be at the airport to meet you. Our representative will stand at the meeting area of all travel/hotel representatives. It is located approximately 50 meters from the exit doors after luggage check. Our transfer representative will be waiting for you with a G Adventures sign board in hand. If for any reason you are not met at the airport, please call our local support line. If you are unable to make contact for whatever reason, please make your way to the joining point hotel via taxi.
Please note that Day 1 is an arrival day and no activities have been planned for that day other then your welcome meeting in the evening, so you can arrive at any time.
A G Adventures Representative will organize a short meeting soon after arrival, during which you will meet other tour participants and receive information about general and specific aspects of the trip. A welcome note will be left for you in the hotel so you have all the necessary information regarding the meeting time. If you arrive late, s/he will leave you a message detailing what time and where you should meet the next morning.
- Emergency Contact:Should you need to contact us during a situation of dire need, it is best to first call the G Adventures Local Office or our G Adventures Local Representative (if one is listed below). If for any reason you do not receive an immediate answer, please leave a detailed message and contact information, so they may return your call and assist you as soon as possible.
If you have purchased an arrival through G Adventures or if an arrival transfer is included in the cost of your tour, please note that:
Your arrival transfer has been arranged based on flight information provided to us. If you are advised of a flight schedule change within 48 hours of your scheduled arrival time, we will do our best to rearrange your arrival transfer however we cannot guarantee this. If your arrival transfer does not arrive within 30 minutes after you have exited the arrivals area please take a taxi to your start point hotel.
If your call is specifically concerning Denpasar (Bali) Airport Transfer complications please call our local G Adventures Transfer provider directly at: +62 8113803820, +62 8113803821, +62 81337618480
EMERGENCY CONTACT NUMBERS
G Adventures Office Bangkok, Thailand
During Office hours (Weekdays, 9am-5pm Local Time)
From outside Thailand: +66 2 508 8630
From within Thailand: 02 508 8630
After hours emergency number
From outside Thailand: +66 87 049 6074
From within Thailand: 087 049 6074
If you are unable for any reason to contact our local office, please call the numbers listed below, which will connect you directly with our 24 hour Sales team, who will happily assist you.
Toll-free, North America only: 1 888 800 4100
Calls from UK: 0344 272 0000
Calls from Germany: 0800 365 1000
Calls from Australia: 1 300 796 618
Calls from New Zealand: 0800 333 307
Outside North America, Australia, New Zealand, Germany and the UK: +1 416 260 0999
- Packing List:Conservative Dress:
• Modest clothing that covers knees and shoulders (Long pants, long skirts, shirts that cover shoulders)
• Shawl or scarf (for temple visits)
• Flight info (required) (Printouts of e-tickets may be required at the border)
• Insurance info (required) (With photocopies)
• Passport (required) (With photocopies)
• Required visas or vaccination certificates (required) (With photocopies)
• Vouchers and pre-departure information (required)
• Binoculars (optional)
• Camera (With extra memory cards and batteries)
• Cash, credit and debit cards
• Day pack (Used for daily excursions or short overnights)
• Ear plugs
• First-aid kit (should contain lip balm with sunscreen, sunscreen, whistle, Aspirin, Ibuprofen, bandaids/plasters, tape, anti-histamines, antibacterial gel/wipes, antiseptic cream, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, rehydration powder, water purification tablets or drops, insect repellent, sewing kit, extra prescription drugs you may be taking)
• Flashlight/torch (Headlamps are ideal)
• Fleece top/sweater
• Locks for bags
• Long pants/jeans
• Outlet adapter
• Personal entertainment (Reading and writing materials, cards, music player, etc.)
• Reusable water bottle
• Small travel towel
• Toiletries (Preferably biodegradable)
• Watch and alarm clock
• Waterproof backpack cover
• Windproof rain jacket
• Shorts/skirts (Longer shorts/skirts are recommended)
• Sun hat/bandana
- Visas and Entry Requirements:Indonesia now offers e-visa services to select nationals. Please check with your local consulate to see if the Indonesia e-visa process is valid per your nationality.
***Please note that we always recommend all nationalities to check with their embassy about entry requirements to Indonesia. The situation with visas in Indonesia is changing frequently, and the below information is accurate as of June 19th, 2015.
A 30-day free visa is available at some arrival locations in Indonesia for many nationalities. This visa is non-extendable. This free visa is available at: Jakarta (Soekarno-Hatta Airport), Bali (Ngurah Rai Aiport), Medan (Kualanamu Airport), Surabaya (Juanda Airport) and Batam (Hang Nadim International Airport). All travelers to Indonesia must be in possession of passport valid for at least six months from date of arrival and have proof (tickets) of onward or return passage.
The nationalities below will be able to receive the 30-day free visa, however we always advise to check with your embassy to confirm entry requirements:
Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Brunei, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Mexico, Morocco, Myanmar, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Vietnam
A 30-day visa-on-arrival is available at all international airports in Indonesia for USD 35. It is then possible to extend this visa for an additional 30 days at the immigration office. Official price is USD 35, extension takes a couple of days and can’t be processed at the airport. All travelers to Indonesia must be in possession of passport valid for at least six months from date of arrival and have proof (tickets) of onward or return passage. Payment of visa fees can be made in all major currencies (cash or credit card). However, to avoid any difficulties or abusive exchange rate problems, we highly recommend brining USD 35 in cash.
Visa extension can be done at the Immigration Office (Kuta in Bali) and will take approximately 7 working days. Cost is additional 35 USD for another 30 Days. Maximum stay is 60 Days
The below countries qualify for getting their visa on arrival:
South Africa, Algeria, US, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, The Netherlands, Brazil, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, UAE, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, Hungary, India, UK, Iran, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Japan, Germany, Cambodia, Canada, South Korea, Kuwait, Laos, Latvia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Maladewa, Malta, Mexico, Egypt, Monaco, Norway, Oman, Panama, France, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, China, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, New Zealand, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Surinam, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Timor Leste, Tunisia, Greece
***Travelers from all destinations not listed above must have their visa arranged in advance through their local consulate.
- Emergency Fund:Please also make sure you have access to at least an additional USD $200 (or equivalent) as an 'emergency' fund, to be used when circumstances outside our control (ex. a natural disaster) require a change to our planned route. This is a rare occurrence!
- Optional Activities:Canggu
- Half Day Surf Class (45USD per person)
- Kecak Dance Performance (20USD per person)
- Puri Lukisan Museum (3USD per person)
- Yoga Class
- Organic Cooking Class
- Mt Batur Hike (650000IDR per person)
- Lovina Beach Snorkelling (7USD per person)
- Menjangan Island Snorkelling Excursion
- Bali Express: Gili Trawangan to Kuta
- A Couple of Rules:Illegal drugs will not be tolerated on any trips. Possessing or using drugs not only contravenes the laws of the land but also puts the rest of the group at risk. Smoking marijuana and opium is a part of local culture in some parts of the world but is not acceptable for our travellers. Our philosophy of travel is one of respect towards everyone we encounter, and in particular the local people who make the world the special place it is. The exploitation of people in the sex trade is completely contrary to this philosophy. Our CEOs have the right to expel any member of the group if drugs are found in their possession or if they engage in any form of paid sex work.
- Newsletter:Our adventure travel e-newsletter is full of travel news, trip information, interesting stories and contests. To avoid missing out on special offers and updates from G Adventures, subscribe at www.gadventures.com/newsletters/
Stay current on how our company invests in our global community through our foundation – Planeterra. Sign up for Planeterra's monthly news to learn more about how to give back and support the people and places we love to visit.
- Minimum Age:Minimum age of 18 years for this trip.
- International Flights:Check-in times and baggage allowances/restrictions vary by airline and can change at any time. For the most up-to-date information for your flight, please contact your airline. We recommend checking in online in advance to avoid potential delays at the airport.
Itinerary (9 days)
Arrive at any time. For your first night out, explore the exciting paradise of Kuta with your CEO and fellow travellers. Stop in a local bar or enjoy your favourite drink on the beach and cheers to new adventures and friends as the sun sets.
Today, take it easy in beachside Kuta. Take a surf lesson (which you can book ahead of time), relax on the beach, or head to one of the nearby towns. Tonight, take in the town's nightlife on the dancefloor or by the waves at a beachside bar.
It's off to Kubutambahan today. Breathe in the beautiful scenery before stopping for lunch en route. Tonight, soak in the views and lush jungle vibes at a charming guesthouse, located in a Balinese village. Start your night by watching the sunset over the lush landscape.
Get ready to liven up your tastebuds with a Balinese cooking lesson. After, you can trek around the village, visit a waterfall, swim in a natural spring, or stop by a nearby dragon fruit farm.
This morning's free for you to explore or relax. Later, check out Ubud and visit the picturesque Gitgit Waterfall or Pura Taman Saraswati, a Balinese Hindu temple with stunning lotus ponds. Both spots are perfect for photo ops!
Today is full of possibilities. Stop by the monkey forest, a sanctuary for the long-tailed Balinese monkey, before checking out more of Ubud. Take a yoga class, relax with a massage, try babi guling (whole roast suckling pig), visit the holy springs of Tirta Empul to cleanse your body and spirit, and be sure to save some room for some delicious healthy eats — they're abundant here. Tonight, wrap up your time in Ubud with a traditional Kecak dance performance.
It's off to the beautifully laid-back island of Gili Trawangan today. Slow it all down with relaxing at a beachfront bar, stopping for photos at the Gili Trawangan swing, and — best of all — enjoying walking around freely (the island doesn't allow motorized vehicles). The rest of the day is yours to explore.
Spend another day in paradise. Explore the island by bicycle, or just kick back on the beach. Don't forget to catch your last marvelous sunset of the trip on the west side of the island, before celebrating the end of an amazing journey together with your group tonight.
Today, it’s time to say goodbye to your group of newfound friends as the tour ends. Be sure to sneak in some last-minute photos and cheers before you head on your way.